On January 25, 2012, I went to the mailbox and found the letter we have all been anxiously waiting for. It was addressed to
Elder Adam Mathias. WOW!!!!!!!
I cherished that moment, knowing that I was the only one who knew his call had arrived. I took a few pictures, then went inside to email them to Adam. I wanted him to see his mission call in the mailbox. :D
We made plans for him to come home from school the following Friday. We would all have to endure the torture, knowing the call was here, but we wouldn't know where he was going for a few more days. AAAGHHHHH!
Friday, 5:30 p.m.- The house is full of Adam's friends and family, excitedly waiting for him to arrive. Grandma and Grandpa Mathias are here from Colorado, the Jackman family join us via skype, and cousin Shelby is on the phone, listening at BYU-Idaho. Adam began to open his mission call with hands shaking and a big grin on his face. He had been counting the days and minutes up to this point, and couldn't wait any longer to find out where he would be serving. He read those first few lines then we could tell he had seen the name of the country where he would serve. It took his breath away. Then he shared with us....UKRAINE, DONETSK MISSION. SPEAKING RUSSIAN.
It was unbelievable. One can't help but think about where a missionary might be sent to serve, but I definately had not thought about that one! It seemed so perfect though, when he read it to us.
I am very excited for him. I know some of what is in store for him. Lots of highs and lows, but the best part and most important, the opportunity to grow closer to the Savior and strenthen his testimony. I know Adam will be a great missionary. He has been diligent in his preparations and is determined to be a valiant servant of the Lord. I am thankful that he has so many good friends! They will be a strength to one another.
 |
| Grandma, Sam, Aunt Barbara, Uncle Ron |
 |
| Tyson,Dallin, Alex, |
 |
| Abbey, Grandma, Mel, Joe, Aidan, Payten |
 |
| Megan, Carly, Brooke, Addy |
 |
| Lori and Ruth |
 |
| Curtis and Spencer |
No comments:
Post a Comment