Saturday, August 20, 2011

August Update

The days and weeks are flying by.  Tonight as I contemplated going to bed I realized that tomorrow I will be sending my first "baby" off to college.  I am a bit surprised that we are to this point already. It seems like just yesterday he was climbing the walls for fun, riding his bicycle, and singing "Hi, my name is Joe, I work in the donut factory....."  (A song he learned in preschool.)  Now he's climbing the walls 'cuz' he can't wait to get out on his own. He is so ready to go and I am excited for him.  I hope he makes the most of this opportunity.


Tonight Mom Craven , Megan and I went to see Joseph and the Amazing ...Dreamcoat at the Hale Center Theater.  It was so awesome! We had such a great time.  We were laughing til our sides hurt and enjoyed singing along with the songs we've grown to love.  The cast did such a wonderful job!   SOOO talented! We all wished we could have remained in our seats to see the show all over again.  It was a great night out.

Megan and Daddy had their first Daddy Daughter date last night.  They got to swim at a neighbor's pool and have ice cream sundae's with  the Activity Day girls and their dads.  Megan has been looking forward to this night all month long.  She loves her daddy so much and was thrilled to have some special one on one time with him.

In baby news ....We've got a walker.  James has ventured off the couch edge and has taken a walk on the wild side.  You can just see the joy in his face as he stands on his own and keeps his balance.  He has also learned to climb up and almost over the couch. ( We're in trouble!)

The end of July marked the 10th year since my dad passed away.  I sure do miss him.  I miss his laugh, I miss his stories, I miss his hugs, I really miss talking with him.  Sometimes, I think he's not really too far away.  The past couple birthdays I have heard "Celebration"  on the radio as I have been out and about and have felt like dad arranged that somehow-  just a little reminder to "celebrate good times , come on!"  : D

We spent some time at the cemetery and shared good memories of dad and talked about how great it will be to one day be reunited.  I can't wait!  What a blessing it is to know that we can be together again.

That night Kelly and I went to a concert with some of our friends, and really had a great time.  The music was a lot of fun and I realized I really like bluegrass music.  As I listened to the music, so fun and so loud, I thought of dad and how much he loved music and music loud!   I realized that I  miss the music that used to be such a big part of my life. Dad used to play Fleetwood Mac-Rumours, Neil Diamond- Beautiful Noise, Willie Nelson, John Phillip Sousa, Stray Cats and Devo.  We'd dance and laugh and have such fun!  I loved that dad would play "my" music and enjoy that with me. 
I miss my dad so much!  And I am  thankful for the wonderful memories that I have of him!

This week, the kids head back to school. (can I say Yuck?)  I know that  is not a very positive attitude and I will change it at some point, but the summer has NOT been long enough.  I have enjoyed our time together.  I still want to play!  Mitty- will be starting his Senior year!  Sam- is going into 9th grade and Megan- is going into 2nd with Miss Wade, the cowboy teacher!!! YEEEHAW (She is so excited)
We are also getting ready for baptism!!! The date is set for Sept. 3 and we are really looking forward to that!

So I'll throw a few pictures in here and hope they help me tell the rest of the story!


 Getting ready for the big day

 Doing some yard work

 Hangin' out at the pool : D

 Remembering Grandpa
 What can I say?  James is a little tied up at the moment.


 Strollin' with daddy



The new puffy look- thanks to 4 wasp stings-  GRRRR

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog Kelli! We are excited to follow what is going on with the family! Love all the pics! Cant believe Adam is off to college and James is walking, its amazing how time flies and you dont even realize. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete